COVID-19 Information Page
During these anxious and trying times we remember the words of Jesus who told us explicitly, "I will be with you always." Knowing and believing in His grace and the power of His presence, we commend ourselves to his loving heart.
We would want you to be aware of the following updates:
- At the request of the Archdiocese of Boston all Parish Offices are open in a limited way. Inquiries can be left at : [email protected] . Parish staff can be reached at 617-244-0608 leaving messages in appropriate mailboxes.
- Baptisms, and Weddings, will remain on the schedule with the instruction that immediate family only attend.
Guidance from the Archdiocese :
Further to Cardinal Sean’s announcement today, we are providing updated guidance and additional details to parishes and schools:
- The Cardinal has issued a dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass during this time to the Catholics of the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Baptism and Weddings may proceed but attendance should be limited to only immediate family.
- All other social events, fundraising activities, or other functions should be canceled or postponed until further notice.
- All field trips, service trips, youth group trips and retreats should be canceled or postponed until further notice.
- The Archdiocesan Pastoral Center will remain open during this time.
- Extraordinary ministers will suspend services to nursing homes, private homes, and hospitals until further notice.
- All Catholic schools are urged to make their best effort to provide ongoing learning and provide meals to any students eligible for free or reduced priced lunch. These meals should be offered to students without entering the building; box meals are allowed.
- Schools should take advantage of this time to ensure their custodial personnel or cleaning services conduct a thorough cleaning and disinfection of the entire facility.
The events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic can be very stressful for all, and especially for our brothers and sisters who are working on their respective recoveries and others in need. In an effort to continue to provide spiritual and community support to these individuals, please note:
- Food pantries and soup kitchens should remain open at this time.
- We will continue to offer the Anointing of the Sick by select clergy.
Across all of these operations, comply with CDC guidelines, including special consideration for meetings with high risk individuals (limit gatherings to no more than 10) and following the usual practices of good hygiene:
- Frequent hand washing (using hand sanitizers with 60% alcohol when soap and water are unavailable).
- Protecting your coughs and sneezes with tissues disposed of immediately, or coughing into your elbow if tissues are not available.
- Cleaning and disinfecting commonly used surfaces often.
- Avoiding contact with people who are ill, if possible.
- Maintaining a distance of six feet from others.
Please share the above-noted CDC guidelines with the various outside groups who use your parish space and encourage them to follow basic hygiene and cleaning practices when using parish facilities.
For questions please contact [email protected].