COVID-19 Information Page
Corpus Christi St. Bernard Covid-19 Protocols
Our parish community follows the guidelines of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Parishioners do not need to sign up for Mass at this time but we have an occupancy limit of 90 people. If we begin to reach that limit, we will implement a sign-up system.
- Masks are to be worn by all in attendance above the age of 4 years old, children 2-4 may wear masks at the parent's discretion, children under 2 should not wear masks. If you have a medical reason not to wear a mask, please speak to an usher for proper accomodations.
- The Cardinal's dispensation for the Sunday Obligation remains in effect, if you do not elect to attend in person, we encourage you to watch Holy Mass online or on television.
- All ushers and volunteers are temperature checked for additional safety.
- When entering the church please allow yourselves to be seated by an usher.
- People of the same household may sit together.
- Individuals are asked to move to the center of the pew to allow easy seating for additonal individuals.
- Please follow the directives of the ushers.
- All parishioners are asked to exit their pews at communion time, if you choose not to receive communion, you can place your hands across your chest to receive a blessing instead. This allows all people to maintaining social distancing while approaching communion.
- We would ask that all parishioners maintain six foot distancing in the communion line, even if they are of the same household (small children are excluded from this directive).
- Communion may only be received in the hand at this time. Please place your hands up and allow the minister to drop/place the Host in your hands. We would ask that you move to the post on the proper side before lowering your mask and consuming the host.
- Please remain on the side of which you were seated (do not cross over even if the other line is shorter or if you prefer to receive from the priest). Approach from the center aisle and return to the side aisles.
- If you are seated in the pews on the far sides of the church, please follow the usher's directions.
Exiting the Mass
- At the conclusion of the final blessing, please follow the usher's directions for exiting. Everyone should exit from the side aisles, beginning with the back of the church and moving to the front of the church.
- Parishioners are asked to exit immediately following the Mass, there should be no congregation inside of the church.
- Please prepare your parish offering before leaving your pew, baskets will be at the doors as you leave.
- Bulletins/Pilots are available at the doors as you exit.
- The Church is fully cleaned with approved cleaning agents after every Mass.
- Ventilation meets the guideline standards, however, at full capacity (90) we may open doors/windows for additional ventilation. Please plan accordingly for the cold in the winter.
- Please follow all usher instructions. There may be times where people may be asked to move, be reseated, or have an obstructed view in order to properly facilitate occupancy guidelines or other safety protocols.
- In the event that there has been Covid-19 exposure for any Mass or event, we will put a public notice on the front page of our website.
- Funerals will follow all of the guidelines for Sunday Mass but with an occupancy limit of 50. This is based on diocesacn guidelines and the size of our funeral team.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation during this time of pandemic will be made by appointment only. Please call 617-244-0608.
- A mask must be worn unless there is a valid medical reason - This must be stated at the time that the appointment is made.
The Sacrament of Baptism
- Baptisms will follow all of the rules outlined for the celebration of Holy Mass but with an occupancy rate of 25 per family. This number is to accomodate two families and is based on the available support team.
- The Baptismal Preparation team will explain further safety considerations.
The Sacrament of Matrimony
- Weddings may still be scheduled. Please call for dates, instructions, and Covid-19 safety regulations. 617-244-0608.
Religious Education Gatherings
- All of our religious education gatherings that are offered in person will be simultaneously provided digitally, through zoom. Parishioners are invited to attend in person if they feel comfortable and with attention to their own family needs (i.e. if they have are in or close to people with additional vulnerabililities).
- All parishioners must register for the event (zoom or in person) through Sign Up Genius - No walk-ins.
- All guests will be temperature checked upon entry.
- Masks must be warn by all participants 4+, children 2-4 at parent's discretion, children under 2 do not need a mask. If a medical reason prevents the use of a mask, you are asked to notify Matt ahead of time by calling 617-244-0608.
- Households will be given their own socially distanced tables.
- All supplies will be used only by a single household (pens, etc.).
- All classes will be limited to 45 minutes to comply with best practices.