PROUDLY SERVING THE PEOPLE OF NEWTON FOR A COMBINED 239 YEARS!
Welcome to the web pages of Corpus Christi-St. Bernard Parish (a Roman Catholic faith community) in the 'Garden City' of Newton. Our parish, living and thriving here in the western edge of our city, provides much to our parishioners and those outside of that description - all by the grace and life of God our Father, and in the name of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our beautiful and reverent celebrations of the Mass on Sunday is made more so by the faithful and active participation of all present. Both the daily and Sunday celebration of the Mass provide an oasis of grace and faith for many parishioners and those who visit. It is through the Eucharist that we are able to accomplish the other works of service and mercy that so define our Catholic tradition.
Each day, through the grace of Christ, we try to build this holy place of Corpus Christi-St. Bernard into a monument of what it means to be prayerfully and generously worthy of the promises of Christ-all in the middle of a public square often alive with voices calling folks elsewhere. As you navigate through these pages please know that all at our parish welcome you and prays for you.
Fr. Dan O'Connell
Wednesday, December 17th The Light Is On for You -
the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be offered in the chapel from 6 to 7 pm
Rehearsal for the Christmas Pageant is Thursday, Dec. 18th at 4:30 pm in the gym. Children ages 4 and up are welcome.
This Sunday, Dec. 21st at the 10 am mass, the first graders will be assisting.
Also on Sunday the 21st at 2pm join our parish as we sip some delicious cocoa, sing some Christmas carols and watch the story of the Season unfold on our Gym Stage.
Christmas Eve Masses : 4pm, 6pm and 10 pm
Christmas Day Mass: 10 am
Sunday 7:30 AM & 10:00 AM
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM
Saturday 3:00 PM and anytime by Appt.
Mondays 12:00 PM
Wednesdays 8:30 AM
"Corpus Christi-St. Bernard Parish is a Catholic faith community centered in the Eucharistic celebration. We give witness to our baptismal promises and commit ourselves to learn, love, and live the message of Jesus Christ."
Readings for the Week of December 21, 2014
- Sunday: 2 Sm 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16 / Rom 16:25-27 / Lk 1:26-38
- Monday: 1 Sm 1:24-28 / Lk 1:46-56
- Tuesday: Mal 3:1-4, 23-24 / Lk 1:57-66
- Wednesday: Morning: 2 Sm 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16 / Lk 1:67-79
- Thursday: Vigil: Is 62:1-5 / Acts 13:16-17, 22-25 / Mt 1:1-25 or 1:18-25
- Midnight: Is 9:1-6 / Ti 2:11-14 / Lk 2:1-14
- Dawn: Is 62:11-12 / Ti 3:4-7 / Lk 2:15-20
- Day: Is 52:7-10 / Heb 1:1-6 / Jn 1:1-18 or 1:1-5, 9-14
- Friday: Acts 6:8-10; 7:54-59 / Mt 10:17-22
- Saturday: 1 Jn 1:1-4 / Jn 20:1a, 2-8
- Next Sunday: Gn 15:1-6; 21:1-3 or Sir 3:2-6, 12-14 / Heb 11:8, 11-12, 17-19 or Col 3:12-21 or 3:12-17 / Lk 2:22-40 or 2:22, 39-40