3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
...These Words are Fulfilled in Your Hearing...
We would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who participated in this year's Poinsettia Fesitval whether it was buying wreaths/poinsettias or buying raffle tickets. Thanks to your generiosity we raised almost $10,000.00 for the parish. Thanks for your continued support!
The Poinsettia Committee
Synod on Synodality
Looking for something social?
Email inquiries can be left at : [email protected]
PROUDLY SERVING THE PEOPLE OF NEWTON FOR OVER 240 YEARS COMBINED!
Welcome to the web pages of Corpus Christi - St. Bernard Parish (a Roman Catholic faith community) in the 'Garden City' of Newton. Our parish, living and thriving here in the western edge of our city, provides much to our parishioners and those outside of that description - all by the grace and life of God our Father, and in the name of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. During this time of the Covid-19 Pandemic we realize these this site has become even more important!
Our beautiful and reverent celebrations of the Mass on Sunday are made more so by the faithful and active participation of all present. Both the daily and Sunday celebrations of the Mass provide an oasis of grace and faith for many parishioners and those who visit. It is through the Eucharist that we are able to accomplish the other works of service and mercy that so define our Catholic tradition.
Each day, through the grace of Christ, we try to build this holy place of Corpus Christi-St. Bernard into a monument of what it means to be prayerfully and generously worthy of the promises of Christ-all in the middle of a public square often alive with voices calling folks elsewhere. As you navigate through these pages at this challenging time, please know that our parish community welcomes you and prays for you.
Fr. Dan O'Connell
"Corpus Christi-St. Bernard Parish is a Catholic faith community centered in the Eucharistic celebration. We give witness to our baptismal promises and commit ourselves to learn, love, and live the message of Jesus Christ."
Sunday 8:00 AM & 10:00 AM
Monday-Wednesday 8:00 AM
Anytime by Appt.
Novena & Prayer Group
Mondays 12:00 PM
Wednesdays 8:30 AM
Readings for the week of January 23, 2022
- Sunday: Neh 8:2-4a, 5-6, 8-10 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15 / 1 Cor 12:12-30 or 12:12-14, 27 / Lk 1:1-4; 4:14-21
- Monday: 2 Sm 5:1-7, 10 / Ps 89:20, 21-22, 25-26 / Mk 3:22-30
- Tuesday: Acts 22:3-16 or Acts 9:1-22 / Ps 117: 1bc, 2 / Mk 16:15-18
- Wednesday: 2 Tm 1:1-8 or Ti 1:1-5 / Ps 89:4-5, 27-28, 29-30 / Mk 4:1-20
- Thursday: 2 Sm 7:18-19, 24-29 / Ps 132:1-2, 3-5, 11, 12, 13-14 / Mk 4:21-25
- Friday: 2 Sm 11:1-4a, 5-10a, 13-17 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6a, 6bcd-7, 10-11 / Mk 4:26-34
- Saturday: 2 Sm 12:1-7a, 10-17 / Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 / Mk 4:35-41
- Next Sunday: Jer 1:4-5, 17-19 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15-17 [cf. 15ab] / 1 Cor 12:31—13:13 or 13:4-13 / Lk 4:21-30