Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
...' You are Witnesses of This...'
Earth Day 2021
Looking for something social?
Remember that during these challenging times inquiries can be left at : [email protected] . Parish staff can be reached at 617-244-0608 leaving messages in appropriate mailboxes or by way of email. We continue to be there for you.
PROUDLY SERVING THE PEOPLE OF NEWTON FOR OVER 240 YEARS COMBINED!
Welcome to the web pages of Corpus Christi - St. Bernard Parish (a Roman Catholic faith community) in the 'Garden City' of Newton. Our parish, living and thriving here in the western edge of our city, provides much to our parishioners and those outside of that description - all by the grace and life of God our Father, and in the name of His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. During this time of the Covid-19 Pandemic we realize these this site has become even more important!
Our beautiful and reverent celebrations of the Mass on Sunday are made more so by the faithful and active participation of all present. Both the daily and Sunday celebrations of the Mass provide an oasis of grace and faith for many parishioners and those who visit. It is through the Eucharist that we are able to accomplish the other works of service and mercy that so define our Catholic tradition.
Each day, through the grace of Christ, we try to build this holy place of Corpus Christi-St. Bernard into a monument of what it means to be prayerfully and generously worthy of the promises of Christ-all in the middle of a public square often alive with voices calling folks elsewhere. As you navigate through these pages at this challenging time, please know that our parish community welcomes you and prays for you.
Fr. Dan O'Connell
- Apr 24 2021 4:00 pm - 4:00 Mass- Remembrance of Michael Kearney
- Apr 25 2021 8:00 am - 8 am Mass - Remembrance of Christine DeWolf & James DeWolfe
- Apr 25 2021 10:00 am - 10:00 Mass Remembrance of Elena & Giovanni Arpino
"Corpus Christi-St. Bernard Parish is a Catholic faith community centered in the Eucharistic celebration. We give witness to our baptismal promises and commit ourselves to learn, love, and live the message of Jesus Christ."
Sunday 8:00 AM & 10:00 AM
Monday-Wednesday 8:00 AM
Anytime by Appt.
Novena & Prayer Group
Mondays 12:00 PM
Wednesdays 8:30 AM
Readings for the week of April 18, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 3:13-15, 17-19 / Ps 4:2, 4, 7-8, 9 [7a] / 1 Jn 2:1-5a / Lk 24:35-48
- Monday: Acts 6:8-15 / Ps 119:23-24, 26-27, 29-30 [1ab] / Jn 6:22-29
- Tuesday: Acts 7:51—8:1a / Ps 31:3cd-4, 6 and 7b and 8a, 17 and 21ab [6a] / Jn 6:30-35
- Wednesday: Acts 8:1b-8 / Ps 66:1-3a, 4-5, 6-7a  / Jn 6:35-40
- Thursday: Acts 8:26-40 / Ps 66:8-9, 16-17, 20  / Jn 6:44-51
- Friday: Acts 9:1-20 / Ps 117:1bc, 2 [Mk 16:15] / Jn 6:52-59
- Saturday: Acts 9:31-42 / Ps 116:12-13, 14-15, 16-17  / Jn 6:60-69
- Next Sunday: Acts 4:8-12 / Ps 118:1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 28, 29  / 1 Jn 3:1-2 / Jn 10:11-18
You can financially support Corpus Christi St. Bernard Parish Here:
Faith Enrichment Blog
Posted in Season of Creation on 04/14/21
April 22, 2021 “RESTORE OUR EARTH”
This year we are celebrating the 21st ... Read More »
Posted in Season of Creation on 09/30/20
October 4th -- It is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, and ... Read More »