Just a Thought... from Fr. Dan
The Word of God this week invites us to look at honesty. Like the first son in the story, we are invited to be able to admit when we are wrong, make amends, and move on. Jesus reminds us that life is filled with second chances if only we would let them happen. The first son enjoyed a new lease on life because he could use the inherent goodness that was his. We, too, have that goodness inside us. When we use it, small miracles can happen all the time. That's what personal growth is about; that's what change can accomplish. It's that attitude of which St Paul writes, 'To live is Christ. '
Greetings Everyone, at this time of challenge and need, we would like to assist you in your prayers at home. The prayer opportunities below are for your spiritual growth and well being. Many of you have asked about Spiritual Communion, let's pray this prayer together.
Notre Dame has put out a spiritual toolkit that might be helpful to you during this time!
A Spiritual Toolkit you might find prayerful and interesting
Download your copy here!
Acts of Spiritual Communion
It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion means uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice and worshipping him in his Body and Blood. The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
A prayer for Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there And unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
The Jesuit Post - There are many great spiritual articles dealing with our faith in light of dealing with COVID-19
Readings for the week of September 20, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:6-9 / Ps 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18 [18a] / Phil 1:20c-24, 27a / Mt 20:1-16a
- Monday: Eph 4:1-7, 11-13 / Ps 19:2-3, 4-5  / Mt 9:9-13
- Tuesday: Prv 21:1-6, 10-13 / Ps 119:1, 27, 30, 34. 35, 44  / Lk 8:19-21
- Wednesday: Prv 30:5-9 / Ps 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163  / Lk 9:1-6
- Thursday: Eccl 1:2-11 / Ps 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14 and 17bc  / Lk 9:7-9
- Friday: Eccl 3:1-11 / Ps 144:1b and 2abc, 3-4  / Lk 9:18-22
- Saturday: Eccl 11:9—12:8 / Ps 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14 and 17  / Lk 9:43b-45
- Next Sunday: Ez 18:25-28 / Ps 25:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [6a] / Phil 2:1-11 or 2:1-5 / Mt 21:28-32