Just a Thought... from Fr. Dan
This week in the story of the multiplication of loaves and fish, we are treated to the story and image of Jesus feeding his people body and soul. Last week we saw that his heart was moved with love for them, and this week he nurtures them. He does so by sharing all he has, even if it looks like he doesn’t have too much. There were, in fact, only a few loaves and fish! When we open our hearts to him, there is always enough, not to mention a surplus. So, go ahead and lift up whomever you want; you’ll never run out of words of prayer!
Notre Dame has put out a spiritual toolkit that might be helpful to you during this time!
A Spiritual Toolkit you might find prayerful and interesting
Download your copy here!
Acts of Spiritual Communion
It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion means uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice and worshipping him in his Body and Blood. The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
A Prayer for Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there And unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
The Jesuit Post - There are many great spiritual articles dealing with life in the light of our faith.
Readings for the week of July 25, 2021
- Sunday: 2 Kgs 4:42-44 / Ps 145:10-11, 15-16, 17-18 [cf. 16] / Eph 4:1-6 / Jn 6:1-15
- Monday: Ex 32:15-24, 30-34 / Ps 106:19-20, 21-22, 23 [1a] / Mt 13:31-35
- Tuesday: Ex 33:7-11; 34:5b-9, 28 / Ps 103:6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [8a] / Mt 13:36-43
- Wednesday: Ex 34:29-35 / Ps 99:5, 6, 7, 9 [cf. 9c] / Mt 13:44-46
- Thursday: Ex 40:16-21, 34-38 / Ps 84:3, 4, 5-6a and 8a, 11  / Jn 11:19-27 or Lk 10:38-42
- Friday: Lv 23:1, 4-11, 15-16, 27, 34b-37 / Ps 81:3-4, 5-6, 10-11ab [2a] / Mt 13:54-58
- Saturday: Lv 25:1, 8-17 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 7-8  / Mt 14:1-12
- Next Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35