Just a Thought... from Fr. Dan
We live in a world where there should be no strangers. We are invited to be like Jesus and live lives marked by a willingness to be interrupted. When we allow ourselves to be interrupted by the needs of others, we allow His light to shine. This action can be difficult, but never impossible. When we allow His word to be a part of all we do, we find ourselves advancing His mission handily. We find ourselves living our baptism and transforming this world to the kind of world He wants it to be. This week take a moment to look for the good in someone with whom you’ve had a bit of a problem. You just may be surprised!
Greetings Everyone, at this time of challenge and need, we would like to assist you in your prayers at home. The prayer opportunities below are for your spiritual growth and well being. Many of you have asked about Spiritual Communion, let's pray this prayer together.
Notre Dame has put out a spiritual toolkit that might be helpful to you during this time!
A Spiritual Toolkit you might find prayerful and interesting
Download your copy here!
Acts of Spiritual Communion
It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion means uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice and worshipping him in his Body and Blood. The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
A prayer for Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there And unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
The Jesuit Post - There are many great spiritual articles dealing with our faith in light of dealing with COVID-19
Readings for the week of June 28, 2020
- Sunday: 2 Kgs 4:8-11, 14-16a / Ps 89:2-3, 16-17, 18-19 [2a] / Rom 6:3-4, 8-11 / Mt 10:37-42
- Monday: Acts 12:1-11 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [5b] / 2 Tm 4:6-8, 17-18 / Mt 16:13-19
- Tuesday: Am 3:1-8; 4:11-12 / Ps 5:4b-6a, 6b-7, 8 [9a] / Mt 8:23-27
- Wednesday: Am 5:14-15, 21-24 / Ps 50:7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, 16bc-17 [23b] / Mt 8:28-34
- Thursday: Am 7:10-17 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 [10cd] / Mt 9:1-8
- Friday: Eph 2:19-22 / Ps 117:1bc, 2 [Mk 16:15] / Jn 20:24-29
- Saturday: Am 9:11-15 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [cf. 9b] / Mt 9:14-17
- Next Sunday: Zec 9:9-10 / Ps 145:1-2, 8-9, 10-11, 13-14 [cf. 1] / Rom 8:9, 11-13 / Mt 11:25-30